The Multiple Sclerosis & Parkinson’s Society of Canterbury was established in 1962 and has been actively involved in the region for more than 50 years.
Our Mission: Providing professional support and services to people with Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s in Canterbury.
- Provided over 1250 home visits to members, caregivers and family members through our Home Visiting Service
- Made more than 2,400 phone calls to members and more than 1,100 contacts with health professionals on behalf of members
- Held exercise groups, including Nordic walking, yoga, Power of Dance and open gym
- Organised 15 morning teas attended by over 200 people
- Arranged special interest groups in Canterbury, such as MS lunches, spouses’ groups, men’s social groups and our education courses, Living Well with Parkinson’s and Living Well with Multiple Sclerosis
- Engaged over 500 volunteers through our activities, events and fundraising opportunities
- Produced three editions of our newsletter which was distributed to over 900 households