Leave a Gift in your Will
A Lasting Legacy
“We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
Many members and supporters of the Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s Canterbury Charitable Trust found that the easiest way to make a significant gift is through a bequest.
A bequest is a gift made through a Will, and it is your opportunity to make a statement about your values and beliefs and is also a way to make a lasting difference. It offers flexibility – you retain use of your assets and can make changes at any time to reflect your philanthropic and financial goals. A bequest can be put into a new Will or added to your existing Will.
As little as 1% of your estate will make a lasting difference to the Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s Canterbury Charitable Trust and will support our many services and allow essential programs to continue, including Exercise Classes and Gym Activities with our Physiotherapist, with our MS & PD Outreach Nurse, Educational Workshops and Social Activities.
There are several types of bequests:
- General Bequest: A gift of a specific dollar amount.
- Specific Bequest: A gift of a specific asset (land, property, shares).
- Proportional Bequest: A gift of a specified percentage or share of the Estate.
- Residual Bequest: A gift that directs the Society to receive all or a portion of what remains in the Estate after gifts have been provided to family/friends and debts/expenses have been paid.
If you would like to leave a lasting legacy and remember those with Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s, please include a bequest in your Will to the Trust. We recommend that you seek legal advice from your solicitor when adding a bequest to your Will.
For our Codicil Form Click Here
By remembering the Trust in your will, you can secure the future programmes for people with Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s in your community. If you wish to make a Bequest please Contact Us for information so that we can acknowledge and thank you.
Bequests really do mean so much to us.